We have some good news and bad news to share. The bad news is that the CHW bill (HF69/SF1106) did not receive a hearing this year. The good news is that we will try again next year. Thanks to everyone who wrote to your House and Senate representatives to encourage support of the bill. Your voice is so important.
The CHW Legislative Action Committee will take this year to prepare, cultivate relationships between CHWs and legislators, and provide training and support to CHWs interested in getting involved. Please watch for future opportunities to get involved in a variety of ways!
Here are some actions you can take now and in the future!
- Meet with your legislators to tell them about CHWs and the good work they do
- Use this link to see who your representatives are https://www.gis.leg.mn/iMaps/districts/
- Write legislators for support of a future bill
- Review draft bill language
- Provide testimony at hearings- we will have more information on this in the future.
We are committed to moving forward WITH you! If you would like to get involved please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org!