February 14, 2022/by NASHP Staff
The National Academy for State Health Policy (NASHP) is hosting a Twitter chat on Thursday, February 24th at noon ET to continue the conversation around states’ best practices for sustainably financing the community health worker (CHW) workforce, and strategies to partner with these essential workers throughout and beyond the pandemic.
To join the conversation, make sure you follow @NASHPhealth on Twitter and use the hashtag #CHWChat.
How to Participate
- Follow @NASHPhealth on Twitter.
- Join us on February 24th at noon EST and follow the conversation using #CHWtalk.
- Share your thoughts and ideas on policies and support resources.
- Use links to your website, programs, initiatives, and partners in your tweets to promote the good work you, your organization, and/or state are doing!
- Include #CHWtalk in all of your tweets so chat participants can easily follow you and others during this event.
How it Works
- Each question will be numbered Q1, Q2, Q3, etc.
- Start your responses with A1, A2, A3 etc. to correspond with the question.
- You only have 280 characters per tweet but you’re not limited to only one tweet per question. Use A1a, A1b, A1c, etc. to indicate either a multi-part answer or multiple responses to a given question.
- Q1. What role have CHWs played during the pandemic?
- Q2. How do CHWs help increase access to public health / health care for historically marginalized populations?
- Q3. What are some innovative ways that CHWs work in the community to promote community health?
- Q4. How can CHWs collaborate with other stakeholders to address social determinants of health and reduce health disparities?
- Q5. How does your state or community work to support CHWs as a workforce?
- Q6. What steps are states and communities taking to ensure that CHWs are sustainably financed and paid livable wages?
- Q7. What are some creative efforts at the state, local, and community level to support CHWs?
- Q8. What work can be done at the federal level to support CHWs?
- Q9. What’s your #1 tip for state officials that want to support CHWs?
This chat is an excellent opportunity to highlight some of your exciting initiatives, innovations, and resources!
For questions, please contact Rebecca Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please bring back the knowlege !! What did you learn, if you attended?
What do you want to talk about in our MNCHWA registry community?