Joan Cleary provides day-to-day management of the Alliance as an independent contractor. Prior to starting her consulting practice in 2010, Joan led grantmaking, policy support and leadership development initiatives for the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota Foundation including its community health worker field-building efforts and upstream focus on social determinants of health.
In a health and human services career spanning 30 years, Joan has worked in community, nonprofit, clinical, think tank, government and philanthropy settings. She is a graduate of Oberlin College and the Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University.
Board of Directors
As a nonprofit, we are governed by a voluntary, multi-disciplinary board that provides strategic direction, oversight, and stewardship. Our board includes:
- LaTanya Black, CHW Certificate Holder, Lutheran Social Services
- Kathleen Thiede Call, Ph.D., Associate Professor and DGS, University of Minnesota School of Public Health, Health Policy and Management and SHADAC
- Peter J. Dehnel, MD, Children’s Hospitals
- Diana DuBois, MPH, MIA, Executive Director, Wellshare International
- Nathan G. Ellis, BA, Executive Director, Deaf and Immigrant Center for Education
- Matt Flory, MPP, Health Systems Manager, State-Based, North Region, American Cancer Society, Inc.
- Laura Guzman-Corrales, MPH, Healthy Communities Program Manager, Hennepin County Medical Center
- Rick Lassow, MS, Deloitte
- Carla Lucas, CNP, Director of Nursing, NorthPoint Health and Wellness Center
- Gary Oftedahl, MD, Consultant
- Roshan Paudel, MPH, PHCERT-CC, Senior Director, Primary Care Systems, North Region, American Cancer Society, Inc. – Vice Chair
- Jeri Peters, RN, BSN, PHN, Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer, UCare
- Onelis Quirindongo-Cedeno, MD, Primary Care Internal Medicine and Instructor in Medicine, Mayo Clinic
- Julie Ralston Aoki, JD, Director, Healthy Eating and Active Living Program, Public Health Law Center, Mitchell Hamline School of Law
- Mary Rapps, MPH, Program Director, Generations Health Care Initiatives
- Joy Rivera, CHW Certificate Holder, Community Education Coordinator, American Indian Cancer Foundation
- Marie Minh-Hien Tran, CHW Certificate Holder, Minnesota Department of Health
- Cathy Weik, MAL, SPHR, Senior Vice President, Administration/Compliance Officer, Stratis Health – Chair